Wednesday, March 28, 2012

D&G Spring/Summer 2012 Men's Marsh-Up: Paisley & Denim

From beginning to end, it’s evident that D&G’s Spring/Summer Collection 2012 is a collaboration of denim and paisley. Although I'm not the biggest fan of the bottoms from this collection, I can definitely see myself wearing most of the tops. The collection encompasses a lot of bold patters and bright colors fit for an ideal wardrobe when packing for a "Vacation Destination". The marsh-up of light denim and paisley silk prints is displayed from jackets, bombers, trousers, moccasins, fedoras, shirts and shorts. Is D & G proclaiming that an invasion of silk is the silhouette of choice to be a trend of the Spring/Summer 2012?


These two would probably be my picks for favorite looks from the collection. Simple yet impactful.
Take a closer look at the line:
Blazers




This reminds me a lot of Vercase. I like! 



Printed Shorts 



 Check out the Bomer Jacket





Denim and Paisley tops 








D&G does a good job contrasting the manliness and ruggedness of denim with paisley printed silk fabrics. They give a different approach to the quintessential top-to-bottom denim ensemble most commonly worn today. I know denim and chambray lovers everywhere are rejoicing at the divine marriage of another fabric to be added to the mix of or favorite go-to shirts and jackets. I myself now have a new appreciation of the two fabrics combined. How do you feel about the new line? Yay or Nay?

2 comments:

  1. I'm not feeling this collection it kind of just looks like a hodgepodge of mess. I love many of the colors and prints but not on these style of clothes.

    www.lenasblend.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the styling is very runway inspired to grasp our attention however, if some of the pieces were broken down with simpler styling elements like say for instance--- the last red, black and white blazer with a crisp white shirt and black pant to wear to a nice concert. I think then the pieces would be more relevant. It's kinda hard to focus on each piece when its so much going on!

    ReplyDelete