Friday, August 10, 2012

Feature Week-DAY 5: Archive 106 "Cheyenne Beam"


Everyday this week I will be featuring independent designers that contribute to the male fashion movement. Today, get identified with 'Reginald Beam's company "Cheyenne Beam".



Cheyenne Beam was finally launched a few months ago. Although it has been in the works for quite some time, what would you say has been the most rewarding experience in launching your line of men’s neck wear?

The most rewarding experience in launching my collection would have to be actually seeing people wear my pieces.  I know the struggles and sacrifices it took for me to actually launch this collection, so seeing people wear a finished product makes my heart smile.



Who is your target market?

I have something for everyone.  My target market is anyone who enjoys wearing unique yet affordable pieces.  Most of my pieces are nontraditional, but I do have a few traditional pieces within my collection as well.  Men, women, young, and older can all enjoy pieces from Cheyenne Beam.



Why bowties?

Before I designed this collection, I was actually on a desperate search for a leopard print bowtie.  I could not find one for a long period of time and when I actually found one, it wasn’t of good quality.  I figured that I wasn’t the only man looking for a bowtie that was a bit nontraditional.  I searched the internet and had no luck.  That is when I thought of Cheyenne Beam.  I’ve sketched since I was young and I have always known that I wanted to be involved with fashion.  Men are so limited to patterns and colors in the fashion industry.  I feel like we’re put in a box and I despise that.  Cheyenne Beam is only the beginning of what I plan to do in the fashion industry. 


This is true, I've having this struggle with affordable leopard pony hair slippers... maybe Harrison T Crite shoes are coming soon (lol). You have a lot of AMAZING designs! The overall style of your neckwear puts me in the mood of vintage bow ties from the early 40’s that men would wear on formal occasions to clamp on the wings of their tuxedo shirt. Although you have modernized the classic collar clamp bow tie with your fabric selections and hardware, why did you choose to take a non-traditional approach to your product?

I’ve always been a bit rebellious.  I never want to look like the next person and I love wearing statement pieces.  When designing this collection, I designed it for those people who want to stand out and be different.  Although there is nothing wrong with tradition, I’m growing bored with blacks, greys, browns, and blues.  Colors make me happy.


There is a lot of emerging bow tie designers in the wonderful world of men’s fashion. What makes your product so unique from the next?

My pieces are unlike any other products available.  That is the core of being unique.  My prices are also affordable.  Pieces are strategically priced from $35-$60.


What was the most challenging thing thus far when creating/ designing your exclusive neckwear?

The most challenging thing would have to be growing my brand.  Everything I do now is about continuously building Cheyenne Beam and getting my products seen as much as possible.


What’s up next for Cheyenne Beam? Are you solely primarily focused on bow ties or do you ever plan to venture out to possibly making matching pocket squares, neckties or even clothing?

I’m currently working on my next collection of bow ties, but I do plan to venture into other areas.  I’m not sure exactly how I’ll go about expanding my brand, but I am sure that it will happen.


Within the process of building your company, you’ve worked Mercedes Benz Fashion Week and the BET Network’s Rip the Runway fashion showcases both in NYC. How has being involved with these types of fashion forward productions helped brand your company?

The more experience, the better.  I learned so much working with those productions.  Being surrounded by people who are passionate, driven, successful, and fashionable is so inspiring.  I have networked with so many people in NYC and met some amazing mentors who inspire me daily.  It’s really a blessing to be given the opportunity to work with IMG Fashion and BET. Knowledge is power and working hands-on is the best experience anyone can have.


Starting up a business is not easy and it takes a lot of financial support to brand. Often the hardest part is marketing your product to your targeted consumer. What avenues would you say works best for Cheyenne Beam when it comes to promoting your product?

Social networks are amazing. People from all over the world connect with me via Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.  Although this is what works for me now, I am currently working on new marketing strategies to help build my brand. 


If you could choose any celebrity figure to promote your product who would it be and why? 

Kanye West would be my ideal figure to help promote Cheyenne Beam.  Kanye is not afraid to rebel against tradition and he proves over and over again how fashionable he is.  He is also very known.  He understands passion and how to create beautiful things and convey it to the public in a way that moves people.  My ultimate goal is to move people and help make people feel a little better about their lives.  It’s time to embrace change and individuality.




Where did the name "Cheyenne" come from?

My name is Reginald Cheyenne Beam.  A lot of people wonder how I came up with the name.  As a boy, I was always ashamed of my middle name and I never told people what it was.  Although this was a very small insecurity, I’ve accepted it and embraced it.  My ultimate goal is to bring as many people as I possibly can to that point.  We must all accept our insecurities or flaws and embrace them and grow from them.  That is what makes us individuals.  

To check out "Cheyenne Beam's"  full collection and to inquire about ordering, they can be reached via these outlets:  

Twitter: @Cheyenne_Beam
Instagram: CheyenneBeam
Email: fashion@cheyennebeam.com
My Twitter: @reginaldbeam

If you have a product that contributes to male fashion or know someone who does, send a media press kit, press release or any helpful information to TheXStylezBlog@gmail.com.

Thanks for reading. Be sure to tell a friend to tell a friend and come back. Also be sure to subscribe to The X-Stylez Blog by becoming a member (located under archive column to the right of your screen) and to follow us on twitter and friend us on facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment